The Ethics Mark
Ethics says everything about organisations
Clear and coherent ethics provide a wealth of benefits to your business or organisation. These include:
- Building customer trust
- Creating a marketing edge
- Improving your customer service
- A reduced number of customer complaints
- The ability to attract, retain and motivate your staff
- Improved staff and organisational performance
- Attracting new investors
- Re-assuring industry, national and international regulators
Embedding Ethics is a comprehensive service that we offer companies and organisations of all sizes and sectors, including not-for-profits and community organisations.
Our aim is to help you to develop and embed a sustainable ethical culture throughout your organisation. Using a combination of different elements, ethics is reinforced and supported at all levels ensuring that ethics becomes firmly ‘rooted’ in everything you do.
To be successful and sustainable a co-ordinated system is vital to ensure consistent and credible messages for both staff and externally amongst customers and the wider community.
We have developed a highly successful Embedding Ethics Toolkit that enables this process and includes:
- Creation of an Ethics Code
- Developing your ethics decision-making structure
- An ethics interactive training programme
- Self-tests and scenarios
- Building an effective measurement framework
- Ethics board briefing
- Developing your website / ethics portal (for both internal and open visitors)
- Creating ethics headlines and stories to communicate your message
When these elements are in place ongoing support can be provided including a helpline, an update service focusing on your specific sector and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for all staff.
Training can be provided on-line, via face-to-face classes or an ethics manual.
Meeting Regulatory Expectations
Regulatory expectations are increasingly focusing on ethics, conduct risk and demonstrating integrity. We have specific expertise in recognising, meeting and planning for an organisation’s regulatory requirements.
By investing in ethics now you can forestall the high costs of non-compliance and mitigate any regulatory and reputation risk. We can help you implement a substantive programme that builds strong, open, sustainable regulatory relationships.
This is an area where we have extensive experience:
- First UK – FSA’s Head of Ethics regulator championing ethics as a new focus for regulation
- Published FSA’s Ethical Framework for Financial Services in 2002, now underpinning regulations internationally
- Constructed ethics frameworks from leading banks to professional bodies across a range of sectors
- Produced ethics codes, training manuals and examinations for major institutes and standards
- Delivered ethics training internationally both in-house and open courses
- Founded The Ethics Foundation and the unique registered Ethics Mark – see details on our partner site
- Qualified and experienced, inspirational tutor at diploma, degree and MBA level for leading university business schools
- Authority and commentator on BBC TV and Radio and in the national press
Our research with Edinburgh University Business School shows that ethics led culture and governance contributes to increasing return on assets.
This is a quality approach (far from a ticking boxes) and is about deep, integrated and rooted cultural change developed in a sensitive, carefully constructed and methodically applied way. The next stage is The Ethics Mark for values-led organisations enabling them to demonstrate commitment and explain their values.
Contact us for further information and let us demonstrate how we can help you build your ethical culture.